Monday, December 18, 2006

Doing and Being

I have been keeping pretty good track of my daily activities, as a pedantic experiment lately. I haven't come across anything startling lately, except for the fact that I do a lot of the same thing over and over again. Mostly involving sleeping, driving, keeping up with hygiene, reading blogs, eating, working and exercising with the random entertainment thrown in the middle of it. One thing that comes from cataloging my time is that I really start to appreciate how much time I spend at work. So am I my routine? Is that all the world has to show for my existence? My consumer transactions, my web hits, the work I release, the relatively small amount of social interaction that occurs between myself, my co-workers, my friends and loved ones. I guess its an important part of modesty to accept that that's all one is is the sum of one's actions and effects on the external environment. While dreaming I'm very important but reality is a lot simpler. Nothing happens unless you do something to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home