Monday, October 24, 2005

Making Permanent Things

I was recently going through some drives from old machines looking for stuff to save. There wasn't much. A lot of half-done projects that I did just to learn new programming technologies. I thought to myself that I want to contribute to things that become permanent. I guess this is the great thing about contributing to open source is that when your program gets out there, and gets archived it never dies and it's as if in a way, a part of you gains immortality. That's sort of the way I look at kids too. I think to myself, 1000 years from now, what is still going to be around that I had a part in creating? I don't think I'll ever be so famous that I'll have historical movies made about me so the least that I can do is have some descendants around in 1000 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home