Wednesday, May 25, 2005

That staring out into confusion/apathy feeling

Yep... I get it a lot. Where I have no energy to do anything except stare at the screen and read blog after blog. It's that kind of lowest common denominator entertainment mode I get in. Where my brain shuts down and all that I'll respond to are caffiene, sleep and anything that will produce a cheap giggle. Is this some kind of medical condition? I drink enough caffeine as it is. This kind of mood also has its energy but it's fake energy that leads me to analyze and criticize and think over and over again about politics or philosophy or some kind of very abstract inconsequential garbage.

Let's contrast this with the "I can clean out my whole inbox feeling"... Which seems to come randomly every two weeks or so and in a rush catches me up with the things that directly affect my life and actually matter.

One of the reasons I started this blog was to provide a means to concentrate like a laser on actual stuff that matters to me on a day to day basis. Narrowcasting if you will. It's the total opposite of other blogs which talk about all kinds of worldly 'meta' big stuff.

I'd really like to know how to get from the confusion/apathy/meta feeling to the doing feeling, as I bet a lot of people would.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home