Monday, February 14, 2005

Why take risks?

It's often difficult to take risks. Especially for people like me who are prone to worrying. Besides, why not just live a boring life, grow old, have a few laughs and die without too much stress? On the other hand I often think about the tens of millions who have perished in natural disasters or wars and the countless billions who have died of natural causes, and slipped into the unknown in obscurity. I think to myself about their obscurity, how they're all "nobodies". They might have mattered to somebody at some point but only a few had obituaries written about them, only a few had long ones, fewer still got an encyclopedia entry, fewer still are remembered by anyone if they died more than 50 years ago. I think about this often and about these endless oceans of "nobodies". I don't want to be part of that. I don't want to be too famous but I want to "make my mark".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home