Monday, February 28, 2005

Why keeping a diary is important.

I've kept a diary for quite a long time. I usually write in it once or twice a month. I find the most important part of keeping a diary is to record the changes in myself over time. It's comforting to see my worries expressed and have them not come true. I often feel rushes of pleasant nostalgia when I read what I wrote in different years. I try not to put to much detail on what happened, just little sign posts that allow me to better remember what happened. Instead I focus on my thoughts and feelings about a particular event. I figure that way I can understand myself better and my natural responses the next time the same situation comes around. I can also evaluate what worked well and what didn't. This helps me understand how to approach problems and explore lifes choices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home